Subject: NetBSD Guide
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Bogdan Mihalcea <bmihal@inflpr.ro>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/06/2004 14:34:01
I am a research scientist 3 and the network administrator at the National
Inst. for Laser, Plasmas and Radiations Physics, in Bucharest, Romania.
I am interested in translating the NetBSD Guide into Romanian. I have
experience with TeX since 1997 (I
wrote my PhD Thesis using LaTeX). I also have experience with LyX. If you
find my proposal adequate, I am
willing to start the translation.
Second, I have a problem and any hint or help is very important for me.  I
have upgraded my computer and
now have a Soltek 75FRN2-RL motherboard and a SATA Western Digital 120 GB
hard-disk. The mainboard has an
integrated Promise PDC2076 controller, which enables access to the SATA
hard-disk. Unfortunately, this is
the only way to access the serial ATA disk.
While trying to boot my computer with NetBSD-1.6.2 disk (official ISO) or
with tne NetBSD-1.6.CZ ISO, it
complaied that it can't find any hard-disks for use by NetBSD.Can you
please give me a hint about NetBSD
installation on my computer or put me in contact with the right people?
I'm stuck in a dead-end. I managed
to install FreeBSD on it.
Thank you very much.
Best regards,

Bogdan Mihalcea
INFLPR - Nat. Inst. for Laser, Plasmas and Radiations Phys.
Atomistilor Str. Nr. 409
Bucharest - Magurele
Romania
Tel: +40-21-4574489