Subject: Re: Howto submission for setting up CUPS
To: NetBSD Docs <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Jonathan <j.e.drews@worldnet.att.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/22/2004 23:26:37
Hello Julio and other docs folks:

 I have revised the CUPS printing howto. It is here:
http://www.silbsd.org/CUPS-NetBSD_landscape.html

I added new screenshots showing the configuration in Firefox.

I removed the rc.local section and added in the instructions on using
/etc/rc.d

I am unsure as to how to specify polling? I suppose this is done in the
kernel config file? I am referring to this comment:

"Also, selecting 'polled' instead of 'interrupt driven' is recommended."

I also added this comment:
Finally, in the /usr/pkg/etc/cups/cupsd.conf file, comment out the port
631 and insert Listen 127.0.0.1:631. Doing this prevents configuration of
CUPS from across the Internet.

I am not sure if this is true. My understanding is that binding the port
to 127.0.0.1 prevents crackers from gaining access to it.

Again, please critique and give improvements or changes you think are
needed. I can do the changes on Sunday afternoon or Saturday night.

Kind regards,
Jonathan