Subject: Re: 2.0 Guide
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Daniel de Kok <daniel@evilbsd.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 04/11/2004 14:31:24
On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> P.S. On the install screenshots etc.: it would be nice if someone could
> redo them (using a bochs install or so).

The plan was to do some XML magic to convert parts of the standard release
documentation (INSTALL.*) to a guide chapter. As far as I am concerned we
can ditch the installation screenshots when the chapter is made up to date
for NetBSD 2.0, because they only have little value. The user will see
exactly the same thing on his/her screen (if the screenshots are
up-to-date), so a good description of what the on-screen information means
is much more important. The screenshots are only confusing if something
changed and leaving them out is good for modem users too...

Just my 2 buckazoids ;).

-- Daniel