Subject: Re: ftp(1) man page
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: David H. Gutteridge <dhgutteridge@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/20/2004 18:04:34
As a point of clarification, my second paragraph really refers to the
behaviour of ftp when it's making use of the .netrc file.  It seems mostly
applicable to macdefs created inside an interactive ftp session as well,
though users can define a macro without a corresponding machine definition
and use it in a subsequent connection.  After the connection is closed, the
macdef gets deleted.

DHG