Subject: Re: FFS soft-dependencies in chap-boot?
To: Daniel de Kok <daniel@netbsd.org>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/14/2004 09:33:36
--- Daniel de Kok <daniel@netbsd.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In my humble opinion it would be a good idea to add
> some short information
> about soft-dependencies to chap-boot. I have
> attached a short diff which
> adds it.
>
> Any comments?

The only question I have is why soft updates aren't on
by default. The only time I have ever run into trouble
with soft updates is when IDE drive caching was also
turned on, and I had a crash probably during a time
when an FS write was cached on disk and not actually
written.

If soft updates can't be enabled by default, then I
agree with Jan's response. Not that I'm any authority
on the subject...

Andy