Subject: Re: NetBSD.org Italian Translation?
To: feedback <feedback@email.it>
From: Ants Aader <ants@aader.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/29/2003 17:25:26
	All You need is:

	1) get htdocs from cvs repository:
	(in tcsh)
	setenv CVSROOT :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot
	cvs login
	anoncvs
	cvs checkout htdocs

	(and later You would like to update:
	cvs update -dP htdocs)

	Then make new directory:
	cd htdocs && mkdir it

	Copy adjust.sed from root directory to it(alian) and modify
	accordingly (please study analogous files in de, et, ko, pl, pt
	and se directory, always study how others have translated).

	Then for example go to the it/Documentation and write:
	../../translate.sh it ../../Documentation/vmware.list
	and You will find vmware.list here which is a little bit modified
	by the adjust.sed sript You made before. All You must to do is to
	finish that translation.

	Please keep in mind that if there are two files with the same name
	but different suffixes, e.g. .list and .html, You must edit .list
	file and make (using Makefile, You must copy this one also to Your
	directory (and .html files too)), it will make .html file from .list
	file.

	The htdocs/it/index.html will be compiled from several other files:
	Changes/index.[html][list] and gallery/events.[html][list], if
	You translate all index.html file and not these others two, the next
	"make" will delete (actually overwrite with English version) Your
	Italian translation of news and events.

	A lot of information about translation is in the
	developers/translate.html in htdocs. There is no link to this
	catalog, although I have proposed to do this.

	There are examples how to make diff against the new translation.
	Anyway, You must walk through to source code and educate Yourself.
	If You have problem, please write to the list.

		Ants