Subject: Re: htdocs/Documentation/Hardware
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/15/2003 10:40:23
--XMCwj5IQnwKtuyBG

Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org> wrote:

>  I am considering converting htdocs/Documentation/* into the
>  equivalents in DocBook/XML.

I think in general converting our website to XML would be a good thing.
I believe that grant@ and jmmv@ had had some interest in this some time
ago.  Together with this goal (and it may be achieved almost implicitly)
we should strive to have any documents be 100% compliant with
http://validator.w3.org/
=20
>  [*] single HTML (but some links are broken and not includes
>      DEC vax section yet):
>         http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/NetBSD/hardware/article.html

I'd probably break down this particular page into separate pages for
Busses, Chips etc. but that's trivial with XML, right?

Very nice.

-Jan

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD!		http://www.netbsd.org