Subject: htdocs/Documentation/Hardware
To: None <netbsd-docs@NetBSD.org>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/15/2003 20:29:31
----Security_Multipart(Mon_Dec_15_20:29:31_2003_727)--

Hi,

 I am considering converting htdocs/Documentation/* into the
 equivalents in DocBook/XML.  It is hard to maintain the current
 structure---for example, a lot of plain HTML files have the
 consistent header/footer, but they have to be edited
 manually (very hard and bored work).  While list2html.pl helps
 in some degree, to tidy up them I think it is more reasonable
 to take an approach using XML/SGML toolchains.

 Any comments or objections?  I am working on Documentation/Hardware
 and put the result and the rendering sample[*] first of all.

 [*] single HTML (but some links are broken and not includes
     DEC vax section yet):
        http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/NetBSD/hardware/article.html

     XML source:
        http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/NetBSD/hardware/hardware.tar.gz