Subject: Re: htdocs/guide reorganization to support printable formats
To: None <blowgish@freeshell.org>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 12/02/2003 11:29:31
----Security_Multipart(Tue_Dec__2_11:29:31_2003_445)--

Daniel de Kok <blowgish@freeshell.org> wrote
  in <20031201193943.GA17550@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>:

blowgish> It might be a stupid question, but I am a bit curious ;): what is the
blowgish> advantage of using a DSSSL stylesheet + jadetex above doing a XSL-FO to
blowgish> PDF conversion with, for instance, FOP?

 Good point.  This is because most of XSL-FO+FO processor does not
 support non-English languages AFAIK, and most of FO processor needs Java
 environment.  The problem is toolchain, and there is no
 technical (e.g. DSSSL vs XSLT) reason.

 I choose DSSSL+JadeTeX approach at this moment, but if there is
 a FO processor which does not have such dependencies and supports
 non-English languages, I am ready to use it :-).