Subject: Re: The Guide for 2.0
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@adresearch.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/06/2003 08:15:05
> > - The cgd chapter needs some work (I don't use it
> >   so I have no idea what that is ...)
>
> The CGD chapter is in there, I think it should do, but if someone sends me
> some useful comments I can make a new version and send it to Jason or Jan.

Good enough.

> I think it would be a good idea to split it in at least three chapters:

It sounds to me like you have this well in hand. Also, note
that a few years ago I wrote a ipf document in htdocs:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/nsps/

> Maybe the chapter can be revised without screenshots? They are quite
> bandwith intensive for modem users and I think they are not needed if the
> documentation of each part of the installer is OK. I wouldn't mind to
> revise the installation *if* screenshots are left out. I still have a
> -current snapshot CD-ROM lying around somewhere and could update the
> instructions with it.

The eventual plan (might want to ask Grant about this one) is
to have the install document (currently living on ftp) to
get sucked into the Guide with some sort of make/XML voodoo.
So I don't want anyone to spin their wheels on something that
may very well be replaced.