Subject: Re: printed guide
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <blowgish@freeshell.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/04/2003 08:04:47
On Mon, Nov 03, 2003 at 08:55:44PM -0500, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> However, the guide currently talks about NetBSD 2.0, so if 2.0 is not
> out by mid January, would it be wise to sell the guide in that
> ``edition''?  (Actually, I think that's ok.)

That should be no problem, most things still work for netbsd-1-6, except
for cgd. Maybe you could add a disclaimer at the beginning of the guide
saying some parts might be 2.0 specific. Things that still need to be done
IMHO:

* Splitting the networking chapter. It is huge right now and some
important parts do not show up in the table of contents. I wouldn't mind
making a proposal for the split up (at least it would be nice to have the
ipf/ipnat part in a seperate chapter).
* A huge spell/grammar check. There are still some bugs left ;). Besides
that it might be a good idea to look at consistency of terminology in the
guide.
* Some commands are not tagged with the command tag and some filenames not
with the filename tag. Besides that it might be a good idea to add the
manpage number at serveral pages (e.g. stf(4)), some chapters do this
extensively, others don't.

With kind regards,
Daniel de Kok