Subject: htdocs/guide cleanups
To: None <jrf@NetBSD.org>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 10/13/2003 02:22:01
----Security_Multipart(Mon_Oct_13_02:22:01_2003_842)--

Hi,

 I am working on htdocs/guide cleanups, especially for XML markups
 and the build infrastructure.

 Here is the latest rendering sample of HTML, split HTML, PostScript,
 and PDF version, see: http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/NetBSD/guide/en/index.html.
 They were generated on a NetBSD box natively, of course.

 The modified guide/ tree is put at http://people.allbsd.org/~hrs/guide-hrs.tar.gz,
 including various markup fixes and no content change.  You can do
 "make STYLE_TYPE=dsssl" or "STYLE_TYPE=xsl" to build the HTML version,
 and in addition specify FORMATS="html html-split ps pdf" to build docs
 in other formats.  I would like to commit this, but before that, I would
 like to know your idea about if this sort of changes to the directory
 tree is reasonable or not.

 This change includes OpenJade support (for printable formats), and
 xsltproc support (note that this breaks $NEW_HTDOCS way temporarily,
 but it can be fixed).  Probably it does not lose functionalities
 that were available.

 Any comments are welcome.