Subject: re: New Chapters Added
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Daniel de Kok <blowgish@freeshell.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 08/04/2003 12:12:54
Hi all,

> I copied over the rc.d and inetd documentation from
> htdocs/Documentation into the Guide. At some point
> (in a few days) the originals will be deleted.
>
> I also added the build.sh chapter. I am positive
> that I missed or misused some tags in a few locations
> so some once overs would be great from those who have
> a few cycles to spare.

That is really good news! Especially a build.sh chapter
was really needed. It seems to me the guide is really
getting back to shape again.

> Over time, of course, we will continue to add new
> material as we see fit, for now at least we are out
> of emergancy mode.

Still, I think it is not a bad idea to organize things
differently. I do realize there might be too little people
to appoint a maintainer for every part or chapter of the
guide, but there might be good ways to keep the guide
up to date all the time. Submitting a diff for every spelling
or writing mistake is simply too much work. Wouldn't it
be a good idea to create an off-site CVS tree and give
people actively involved with the guide commit access?
Then somebody with netbsd.org cvs access could commit
the "stable" parts in the NetBSD CVS.

With kind regards,
Daniel de Kok