Subject: Re: Guide Update
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jason R. Fink <jrf@adresearch.com>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 06/02/2003 14:14:27
> > 	When it is released? Is it realistic to do entirely new translation?
> 	     ^^^^^^
> 	     will be...., sorry, I have too fast fingers.

I think what might be a good idea here is to have a list (which
I can maintain) of chapters that are finsihed and those that
still need to be updated.

Since we are lagging, our target is document for the next major
NetBSD release, 2.0. That means look at -current systems, not
1.6.1.

I *think* once it is "2.0" ready, we our going to create a branch
for it. I realize this is a moving target, but, a lot of things do not
change, for example, DNS or using vi :)

Of course, there is some irony here, I am out a -current system
right now. My test system was reappropiated by my employer >;-(
so I am depending on submissions (not that I would review the
whole Guide myself anyhow ... )

I will come up with a list and slap it up, someplace. If anyone has
any suggestions for where this list should live, fire it back
here to netbsd-docs.

Jason (Jay) R Fink jrf@netbsd.org