Subject: htdocs/guide/en markup fix patch
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Hiroki Sato <hrs@eos.ocn.ne.jp>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/17/2003 05:26:15
Hi,

 I noticed that htdocs/guide/en/*.xml include various markup mistakes,
 so I made a patch (from preface to chap-dns) to fix them, which includes:

 - Some of "$NetBSD$" line are used in order to explain what it is,
   but committing the .xml file breaks it.  They should be escaped
   using &#36;.

   Some of them should be <programlisting> or <literallayout>,
   and <screen> element should be carefully placed without
   whitespaces.

 - Information about the authors and the contributors should go
   into <sectinfo> or <chapterinfo>.

 - Use <quote>foo</quote> instead of &quot;foo&quot;.  The latter is
   not reasonable in SGML/XML manner.

 - The license section should be marked up with <legalnotice>.

 - Other makeup fixes.

 The patch can be retrieved from
 http://www.allbsd.org/%7Ehrs/NetBSD/netbsd-guide-markup.diff.gz.