Subject: Re: Dutch shortguide moved && question
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 02/02/2003 22:03:55
Daniel de Kok <daniel@blowgish.org> wrote:

> I would like to notify you that the Dutch translation of the NetBSD Guide
> moved to http://www.blowgish.org/netbsd/ . Translation is progressing slowly,
> but this week I have no university courses, so maybe I can make some leaps
> forward.

Great to hear that you're making progress.  Keep us posted!

> BTW. I am wondering when the 1.6.1 release announcement wil become available
> for translation. I would be nice to have a Dutch translation too ;).

While the release announcement has not yet been drafted, it's not going
to be fundamentally different from the 1.5.3 announcement[1].  That is,
you can use that as a template to start the translation with the
following subsitutions:

s/1\.5\.3/1\.6\.1/g
s/1\.5/1\.6/g

Then, the list of changes since 1.6 is available in
src/doc/CHANGES-1.6.1 of tagged netbsd-1-6-PATCH001-RC1 in CVS or at
http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/doc/Attic/CHANGES-1.6.1.

You may also want to compare it to the 1.6 release announcement[2].

Once the official announcement is available, I will inform you and other
translators, so that we can get it translated into as many languages as
possible.

Thanks for your volunteering!

Regards,
-Jan

[1] http://www.netbsd.org/Releases/formal-1.5/NetBSD-1.5.3.html
[2] http://www.netbsd.org/Releases/formal-1.6/NetBSD-1.6.html

--
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."