Subject: Writing 1.5.3 release article ...
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 07/20/2002 14:31:31
I am working on a short article about the 1.5.3 release.

I expect it will be officially announced any time. (I guess they are
waiting for some certain port(s) to be uploaded to mirrors.)

Anyways, I am highlighting that the release is an maintenance update.

I wanted to mention some of the software versions, but I know some are
out-of-date. Should I mention that 1.6 will be available soon?

Maybe the audience shouldn't be encouraged to start with NetBSD with
1.5.3?

Also, is anyone interested in providing a news article about the 1.5.3
release for www.bsdnewsletter.com ? (Because I think that the official
announcements are too long and not useful for the casual news reader for
quickly introducing or promoting NetBSD. I am looking for something short
in the 400 to 600 word length.)

Thanks,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/