Subject: Re: Dutch translation of the Short Guide to NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-docs@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 06/02/2002 18:28:22
Daniel de Kok <daniel@nedbsd.nl> wrote:
> what is the best way to handle things?
>
> - Put it up on my own site till a larger part is translated and send it
> to Jan Schaumann then.
> - Send it right after I finished the two chapters I mentioned.
> - Drop the whole thing, because somebody already translated it.

I believe that depends on how you would like to handle things with the
guide:  if you want it to be part of the NetBSD website and want it to
stay under NetBSD CVS control, so to speak, feel free to send me
whatever you have and I'll proceed as Julio indicated.

If, on the other hand, you rather wish to maintain the translation on
your website (as, for example, the German translation, which is hosted
by Thorsten Lindloff on his website), I'd suggest you put up whatever
you have, and offer it for review to other Dutch-speaking people.  Once
the Guide has been translated, you probably would want to (a) contact
www@netbsd.org to let them know, so they can link to it from
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/ and (b) contact Frederico Lupi and
let him know as well.

In the interest of keeping the translation up-to-date or continue your
efforts should you (for whatever reason) stop working on the translation
I generally favor importing it into the NetBSD CVS tree, but the
decision is, of course, yours. :)

-Jan