Subject: Re: default copyright for docs?
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 05/29/2002 17:16:50
"Perry E. Metzger" <perry@wasabisystems.com> wrote:

> Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org> writes:

> > He referred me to lib/libc/rpc/DISCLAIMER, which does not lead me to a
> > conclusion re the copying of the man-page by LFS, however.  Maybe I'm
> > just not good at lawyer-speak.
>
> DISCLAIMER appears to quite explicitly claim copyright and limit the
> man page's use, at least by my reading.

So the man page can not be re-distributed unless as part of "a product
or program"?  What's "a product", then?  Is whatever LFS is doing "a
product"?  (To be absurd: If I sell a box of milk from my own cows (= a
product developed by me), may I also redistribute parts of Sun RPC?)

I give up - I am (obviously) no good at licenses.

Sorry to waste everybody's time.

-Jan