Subject: Re: Current Projects?
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 03/25/2002 01:24:57
On Sun, 24 Mar 2002, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> "Brian A. Seklecki" <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org> wrote:
>
> > http://validator.w3.org/
> >
> > http://www.netbsd.org currently passes for 4.01 with only one warning for
> > "No Character Encoding detected!" which could be fixed by adding a <META>
> > tag like:

> > ...but I imagine that it's absence has to do w/ unicode and
> > internationalization efforts
>
> I don't think so - I think it's just been forgotten.  The German page
> has the proper charset-tag, so does the polish page.
>
> We probably want to add the right tag to the normal pages...

Do you want me to send-pr(1) or do you have authority to do it?

Also, there were some other things I've noticed where XML would make an
excellent application.

Basically any page with lots of repetative, standardized data could be
XML'ized, simplifying managing the data because less actual time has to be
spent on formatting.

*) Obviously all the documentation
*) Consultants (http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/consultants.html)
*) Developer Index (http://www.netbsd.org/People/supporting-cast.html)