Subject: Re: a (very) brief Guide to Translating the website into German
To: Rainer Brandt <rjhb@bb-c.de>
From: Martin Weber <Ephaeton@gmx.net>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 01/11/2002 14:38:31
On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 08:45:51AM +0100, Rainer Brandt wrote:
> Is there an accepted way of sending bug reports other than by way of
> including diff output?

You don't even need to send diffs, just mail to our (the translaters')

> [Bugs & Typos]

will be fixed.

> Regarding the HTML entities (&auml; etc):
> See my message sent on 2001-12-04.  The W3C validator definitely does
> _not_ require them.  They only trigger on more conversion step on the
> client side.

Yes, okay, but I can't even type an &auml; everywhere where I translate,
and as the browsers implement those I personally don't see why I shouldn't
use them. I won't ask Jan to change that "rule" until I know that even
older non-european browsers display native &auml;'s right :)

> Regarding German pronounciation rules:
> [...] Why we shouldn't choose one set

Well, imho it's a matter of consistency, I personally prefer the good
old one, but who cares; I think tho that it's fitting to use a uniform
approach to as much as possible there...

> Keep up the good work!
> Rainer

Thanks for the input!
Martin