Subject: Re: where is cvs repository for webpages
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-docs
Date: 11/17/2000 18:37:34
On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 10:54:59AM -0800, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> My plan is submit some new webpages and diffs to webpages. (I will email
> them to www@netbsd.org and use send-pr.) I'd like to use the original
> .list files to make my patches.
>
> I can't seem to find the CVS repository of *.list files for the
> www.netbsd.org webpages.

The htdocs CVS module is not available via cvsweb or anoncvs. I think
that's mostly so that if a faux-pas is made on the web pages, then fixed,
it doesn't stay on a 'permanent record'.

I don't think any other projects make their web page revision history
available either, do they?

The .list files are just in the dir with the .html they generate. You
can grab them from the web server.

> (Also I am curious: what's the difference between cvsweb.cgi and
> bsdweb.cgi?)

Nothing significant as far as I know.

If you'd prefer a .tar of the .list files, just let me know which you need.

Net Musing #5: Redundancy in a network doesn't mean two of everything and
half the staff to run it.
					      - Tomas T. Peiser, CET