Subject: [netbsd-docs-fr]Re: NetBSD French translation team need your help.
To: Adrien Auzanneau <ada@dokidenki.com>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-docs-fr
Date: 09/24/2002 10:56:13
Adrien Auzanneau <ada@dokidenki.com> wrote:

> First, how German translation team is organised. Have you got a
> leader, (i suppose you're the leader ;) ), a team of relectors, how do
> you exchange your work, who certify the doc before uploading it ...

Actually, we don't have anything as organized.  What we currently do is
this:

Whoever wants to translate something, announces that to the ML and goes
ahead.  When something has been translated, the documents are either
sent to me or put up somewhere else, and a message is sent to the ML.
People review it, and after the corrections are made, I usually commit
it.

Yes, at some point early on we did use a separate CVS account on my
systems, but when I moved and my DSL line changed, we stopped doing so.
It turned out not to be such a great advantage after all, as I had to
maintain different tree.s

> I can create a CVS server for French translation team, so we can work
> with it, but when a doc is finishing we have this problem of sending it
> to you.

If you would prefer working out of your own CVS copy, that's ok.  But
remember that this copy needs to be in synch with the original tree as
well, which can get difficult.

The easiest way for me is currently if you guys send me diffs against
anoncvs (ie the output of 'cd wherever/htdocs/fr; cvs diff -bu >
/tmp/fr.diff') for changes and the complete files for additions.

I'll put up changes on netbsd.netmeister.org/fr as I receive them.

But you guys should see whatever works best for you. :)

Thanks for your work!
-Jan

--
Probability factor of one to one. We have normality. I repeat, we have
normality. Anything you still can't cope with is therefore your own lookout.