NetBSD-Bugs archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

install/60863: aarch64 Full installation doesn't include X11



>Number:         60863
>Category:       install
>Synopsis:       aarch64 Full installation doesn't include X11
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Priority:       medium
>Responsible:    install-manager
>State:          open
>Class:          sw-bug
>Submitter-Id:   net
>Arrival-Date:   Fri Oct 09 16:20:00 +0000 2026
>Originator:     Mario
>Release:        11.0
>Organization:
>Environment:
>Description:
I am trying to install NetBSD on an UTM virtual machine on a MacBook. If I choose a full installation it succeeds but the system doesn't include X11.

I did manage to install X11 by manually selecting the package but I was expecting it to be included in the "Full installation" as it happens in amd64.
The menu also has an option to install the system without X11, which makes the behaviour very confusing.

Even installing X11 manually I am having issues configuring X.org correctly. I'm not sure if this is the reason it didn't get installed in the first place but I would expect it to be installed given that the custom installation worked.
>How-To-Repeat:
Attempt to install NetBSD on an aarch64 machine. Choose full installation. X11 will not be installed.
>Fix:




Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index