NetBSD-Bugs archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: port-sh3/60773: sh3 __sync_val_compare_and_swap_1 test failures



The following reply was made to PR toolchain/60773; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Valery Ushakov <uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost>
To: gnats-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost
Cc: Taylor R Campbell <riastradh%NetBSD.org@localhost>,
	Nick Hudson <skrll%NetBSD.org@localhost>
Subject: Re: port-sh3/60773: sh3 __sync_val_compare_and_swap_1 test failures
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2026 13:34:24 +0300

 On Thu, Sep 24, 2026 at 00:50:36 +0000, Taylor R Campbell wrote:
 
 > Maybe we should just close this as a duplicate of PR 56839 (GCC emits
 > wrong codes for compare_and_swap_1 bultins on armv5 (el & eb))?
 
 That makes sense probably.
 
 I'd still love to see this documented.  I did have Itanium psABI
 stashed, apparently, (from my Intel days), so I looked up what is
 written there and the gcc info seems to be just a TLDR sumamry for
 that.
 
 Which leaves me with the question, what is the relation between
 __sync_val_compare_and_swap and __sync_val_compare_and_swap_1 &c?  Is
 __sync_val_compare_and_swap supposed to be a kind of type-generic
 macro?  Or if the "type" in its signature is implementaion defined and
 there's only one instance of it, with that specific type? Etc, etc...
 
 We already have atomic*(3), but nothing for __sync*.  I'll do the mdoc
 part if given the prose for the manpage.
 
 -uwe
 



Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index