[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
xsrc/56054: Xorg fails to start with 24-bit wsfb
>Synopsis: Xorg fails to start with 24-bit wsfb
>Arrival-Date: Sat Mar 13 07:45:00 +0000 2021
>Release: NetBSD 9.1
NetBSD 9.1 amd64
wsfb fails with a 24 bits per pixel vesa framebuffer, but a 24 bits per pixel vesa framebuffer is reasonale.
- Boot NetBSD/amd64 in QEMU.
- Observe that QEMU does not allow "vesa 1024x768x32".
- Type "vesa 1024x768x24" followed by "boot" at the boot prompt.
- Log in as root and type startx.
- Xorg fails to initialize the wsfb driver, with the message "wsfb(0): Specified fbbpp (24) is not a permitted value".
- Observe that "vesa 1024x768x16" works, but is disappointing.
Main Index |
Thread Index |