[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: bin/50176: make(1) prerequisite not assigned to target if target has ./ prefix
Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
|The following reply was made to PR bin/50176; it has been noted by GNATS.
|From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost>
|Cc: gnats-admin%netbsd.org@localhost, netbsd-bugs%netbsd.org@localhost
|Subject: Re: bin/50176: make(1) prerequisite not assigned \
|to target if target
| has ./ prefix
|Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:31:45 +0200
| On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 11:35:02AM +0000, sdaoden%yandex.com@localhost wrote:
|> A basename(3) call is missing somewhere.
| make is not supposed to mangle path names.
Whatever bmake is about to do, ./f and f are the same file and
should thus be treated likewise, of course, of course.
I've started being explicit via ./ for i think the UnixWare port,
and i like it. In NetBSD 7.0 RC3 i have to use this syntax for
e.g. ldd(1), a plain "ldd s-nail" didn't work. This surprised me
this noon, i have never consciously realized such behaviour on BSD.
While complaining, pkgin DB update didn't work with 128MB RAM, and
the 7.0RC3 pkg path didn't exist. I've used 6.1, but libelf has
been bumped... seems to work though.
I've changed my makefile generation script again.
Main Index |
Thread Index |