[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
PR/52 CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/py-sphinx
The following reply was made to PR bin/52; it has been noted by GNATS.
From: "Thomas Klausner" <wiz%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: PR/52 CVS commit: pkgsrc/textproc/py-sphinx
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 17:58:23 +0000
Module Name: pkgsrc
Committed By: wiz
Date: Thu Jan 2 17:58:22 UTC 2014
pkgsrc/textproc/py-sphinx: Makefile PLIST distinfo
Update to 1.2:
Release 1.2 (released Dec 10, 2013)
* Added ``sphinx.version_info`` tuple for programmatic checking of the Sphinx
* Removed the ``sphinx.ext.refcounting`` extension -- it is very specific to
CPython and has no place in the main distribution.
* Restore ``versionmodified`` CSS class for versionadded/changed and deprecated
* Fix: `html_theme_path=['.']` is a trigger of rebuild all documents always
(This change keeps the current "theme changes cause a rebuild" feature).
* #1296: Fix invalid charset in HTML help generated HTML files for default
* PR#190: Fix gettext does not extract figure caption and rubric title inside
other blocks. Thanks to Michael Schlenker.
* PR#176: Make sure setup_command test can always import Sphinx. Thanks to
* #1311: Fix test_linkcode.test_html fails with C locale and Python 3.
* #1269: Fix ResourceWarnings with Python 3.2 or later.
* #1138: Fix: When ``autodoc_docstring_signature = True`` and
``autoclass_content = 'init'`` or ``'both'``, __init__ line should be
removed from class documentation.
Release 1.2 beta3 (released Oct 3, 2013)
* The Sphinx error log files will now include a list of the loaded extensions
for help in debugging.
* PR#154: Remove "sphinx" prefix from LaTeX class name except 'sphinxmanual'
and 'sphinxhowto'. Now you can use your custom document class without
'sphinx' prefix. Thanks to Erik B.
* #1265: Fix i18n: crash when translating a section name that is pointed to
a named target.
* A wrong condition broke the search feature on first page that is usually
index.rst. This issue was introduced in 1.2b1.
* #703: When Sphinx can't decode filenames with non-ASCII characters, Sphinx
catches UnicodeError and will continue if possible instead of raising the
Release 1.2 beta2 (released Sep 17, 2013)
* ``apidoc`` now ignores "_private" modules by default, and has an option
to include them.
* ``apidoc`` now has an option to not generate headings for packages and
modules, for the case that the module docstring already includes a reST
* PR#161: ``apidoc`` can now write each module to a standalone page instead of
combining all modules in a package on one page.
* Builders: rebuild i18n target document when catalog updated.
* Support docutils.conf 'writers' and 'html4css1 writer' section in the HTML
writer. The latex, manpage and texinfo writers also support their respective
* The new :confval:`html_extra_path` config value allows to specify directories
with files that should be copied directly to the HTML output directory.
* Autodoc directives for module data and attributes now support an
``annotation`` option, so that the default display of the data/attribute
value can be overridden.
* PR#136: Autodoc directives now support an ``imported-members`` option to
include members imported from different modules.
* New locales: Macedonian, Sinhala, Indonesian.
* Theme package collection by using setuptools plugin mechanism.
* PR#144, #1182: Force timezone offset to LocalTimeZone on POT-Creation-Date
that was generated by gettext builder. Thanks to masklinn and Jakub Wilk.
* PR#132: Updated jQuery version to 1.8.3.
* PR#141, #982: Avoid crash when writing PNG file using Python 3. Thanks to
* PR#145: In parallel builds, sphinx drops second document file to write.
Thanks to tychoish.
* PR#151: Some styling updates to tables in LaTeX.
* PR#153: The "extensions" config value can now be overridden.
* PR#155: Added support for some C++11 function qualifiers.
* Fix: 'make gettext' caused UnicodeDecodeError when templates contain utf-8
* #828: use inspect.getfullargspec() to be able to document functions with
keyword-only arguments on Python 3.
* #1090: Fix i18n: multiple cross references (term, ref, doc) in the same line
return the same link.
* #1157: Combination of 'globaltoc.html' and hidden toctree caused exception.
* #1159: fix wrong generation of objects inventory for Python modules, and
add a workaround in intersphinx to fix handling of affected inventories.
* #1160: Citation target missing caused an AssertionError.
* #1162, PR#139: singlehtml builder didn't copy images to _images/.
* #1173: Adjust setup.py dependencies because Jinja2 2.7 discontinued
compatibility with Python < 3.3 and Python < 2.6. Thanks to Alexander Dupuy.
* #1185: Don't crash when a Python module has a wrong or no encoding declared,
and non-ASCII characters are included.
* #1188: sphinx-quickstart raises UnicodeEncodeError if "Project version"
includes non-ASCII characters.
* #1189: "Title underline is too short" WARNING is given when using fullwidth
characters to "Project name" on quickstart.
* #1190: Output TeX/texinfo/man filename has no basename (only extension)
when using non-ASCII characters in the "Project name" on quickstart.
* #1192: Fix escaping problem for hyperlinks in the manpage writer.
* #1193: Fix i18n: multiple link references in the same line return the same
* #1176: Fix i18n: footnote reference number missing for auto numbered named
footnote and auto symbol footnote.
* PR#146,#1172: Fix ZeroDivisionError in parallel builds. Thanks to tychoish.
* #1204: Fix wrong generation of links to local intersphinx targets.
* #1206: Fix i18n: gettext did not translate admonition directive's title.
* #1232: Sphinx generated broken ePub files on Windows.
* #1259: Guard the debug output call when emitting events; to prevent the
repr() implementation of arbitrary objects causing build failures.
* #1142: Fix NFC/NFD normalizing problem of rst filename on Mac OS X.
* #1234: Ignoring the string consists only of white-space characters.
Release 1.2 beta1 (released Mar 31, 2013)
* Removed ``sphinx.util.compat.directive_dwim()`` and
``sphinx.roles.xfileref_role()`` which were deprecated since version 1.0.
* PR#122: the files given in :confval:`latex_additional_files` now override TeX
files included by Sphinx, such as ``sphinx.sty``.
* PR#124: the node generated by :rst:dir:`versionadded`,
:rst:dir:`versionchanged` and :rst:dir:`deprecated` directives now includes
all added markup (such as "New in version X") as child nodes, and no
additional text must be generated by writers.
* PR#99: the :rst:dir:`seealso` directive now generates admonition nodes
of the custom ``seealso`` node.
- The :rst:dir:`toctree` directive and the ``toctree()`` template function
have an ``includehidden`` option that includes hidden toctree entries (bugs
#790 and #1047). A bug in the ``maxdepth`` option for the ``toctree()``
template function has been fixed (bug #1046).
- PR#99: Strip down seealso directives to normal admonitions. This removes
their unusual CSS classes (admonition-see-also), inconsistent LaTeX
admonition title ("See Also" instead of "See also"), and spurious
in the text builder.
* HTML builder
- #783: Create a link to full size image if it is scaled with width or
come before matches in full text, and object results are better
Also implement a pluggable search scorer.
- #1053: The "rightsidebar" and "collapsiblesidebar" HTML theme options now
- Update to jQuery 1.7.1 and Underscore.js 1.3.1.
* Texinfo builder
- An "Index" node is no longer added when there are no entries.
- "deffn" categories are no longer capitalized if they contain capital
- ``desc_annotation`` nodes are now rendered.
- ``strong`` and ``emphasis`` nodes are now formatted like
``literal``\s. The reason for this is because the standard Texinfo markup
(``*strong*`` and ``_emphasis_``) resulted in confusing output due to the
common usage of using these constructs for documenting parameter names.
- Field lists formatting has been tweaked to better display
"Info field lists".
- ``system_message`` and ``problematic`` nodes are now formatted in a similar
fashion as done by the text builder.
- "en-dash" and "em-dash" conversion of hyphens is no longer performed in
option directive signatures.
- ``@ref`` is now used instead of ``@pxref`` for cross-references which
prevents the word "see" from being added before the link (does not affect
the Info output).
- The ``@finalout`` command has been added for better TeX output.
- ``transition`` nodes are now formatted using underscores ("_") instead of
- The default value for the ``paragraphindent`` has been changed from 2 to 0
meaning that paragraphs are no longer indented by default.
- #1110: A new configuration value :confval:`texinfo_no_detailmenu` has been
added for controlling whether a ``@detailmenu`` is added in the "Top"
- Detailed menus are no longer created except for the "Top" node.
- Fixed an issue where duplicate domain indices would result in invalid
* LaTeX builder:
- PR#115: Add ``'transition'`` item in :confval:`latex_elements` for
customizing how transitions are displayed. Thanks to Jeff Klukas.
- PR#114: The LaTeX writer now includes the "cmap" package by default. The
``'cmappkg'`` item in :confval:`latex_elements` can be used to control
Thanks to Dmitry Shachnev.
- The ``'fontpkg'`` item in :confval:`latex_elements` now defaults to ``''``
when the :confval:`language` uses the Cyrillic script. Suggested by Dmitry
- The :confval:`latex_documents`, :confval:`texinfo_documents`, and
:confval:`man_pages` configuration values will be set to default values
on the :confval:`master_doc` if not explicitly set in :file:`conf.py`.
Previously, if these values were not set, no output would be genereted by
their respective builders.
- Add i18n capabilities for custom templates. For example: The Sphinx
reference documentation in doc directory provides a ``sphinx.pot`` file
message strings from ``doc/_templates/*.html`` when using ``make gettext``.
* Other builders:
- Added the Docutils-native XML and pseudo-XML builders. See
:class:`XMLBuilder` and :class:`PseudoXMLBuilder`.
- PR#45: The linkcheck builder now checks ``#anchor``\ s for existence.
- PR#123, #1106: Add :confval:`epub_use_index` configuration value. If
provided, it will be used instead of :confval:`html_use_index` for epub
- PR#126: Add :confval:`epub_tocscope` configuration value. The setting
controls the generation of the epub toc. The user can now also include
hidden toc entries.
- PR#112: Add :confval:`epub_show_urls` configuration value.
- PR#52: ``special_members`` flag to autodoc now behaves like ``members``.
- PR#47: Added :mod:`sphinx.ext.linkcode` extension.
- PR#25: In inheritance diagrams, the first line of the class docstring
is now the tooltip for the class.
* Command-line interfaces:
- PR#75: Added ``--follow-links`` option to sphinx-apidoc.
- #869: sphinx-build now has the option :option:`-T` for printing the full
traceback after an unhandled exception.
- sphinx-build now supports the standard :option:`--help` and
- sphinx-build now provides more specific error messages when called with
invalid options or arguments.
- sphinx-build now has a verbose option :option:`-v` which can be repeated
greater effect. A single occurrance provides a slightly more verbose
than normal. Two or more occurrences of this option provides more detailed
output which may be useful for debugging.
- PR#74: Fix some Russian translation.
- PR#54: Added Norwegian bokmaal translation.
- PR#35: Added Slovak translation.
- PR#28: Added Hungarian translation.
- #1113: Add Hebrew locale.
- #1097: Add Basque locale.
- #1037: Fix typos in Polish translation. Thanks to Jakub Wilk.
- #1012: Update Estonian translation.
- Speed up building the search index by caching the results of the word
stemming routines. Saves about 20 seconds when building the Python
- PR#108: Add experimental support for parallel building with a new
* PR#88: Added the "Sphinx Developer's Guide" (:file:`doc/devguide.rst`)
which outlines the basic development process of the Sphinx project.
* Added a detailed "Installing Sphinx" document (:file:`doc/install.rst`).
* PR#124: Fix paragraphs in versionmodified are ignored when it has no
dangling paragraphs. Fix wrong html output (nested ``<p>`` tag). Fix
versionmodified is not translatable. Thanks to Nozomu Kaneko.
* PR#111: Respect add_autodoc_attrgetter() even when inherited-members is set.
Thanks to A. Jesse Jiryu Davis.
* PR#97: Fix footnote handling in translated documents.
* Fix text writer not handling visit_legend for figure directive contents.
* Fix text builder not respecting wide/fullwidth characters: title underline
width, table layout width and text wrap width.
* Fix leading space in LaTeX table header cells.
* #1132: Fix LaTeX table output for multi-row cells in the first column.
* #1128: Fix Unicode errors when trying to format time strings with a
* #1127: Fix traceback when autodoc tries to tokenize a non-Python file.
* #1126: Fix double-hyphen to en-dash conversion in wrong places such as
command-line option names in LaTeX.
* #1123: Allow whitespaces in filenames given to :rst:dir:`literalinclude`.
* #1120: Added improvements about i18n for themes "basic", "haiku" and
"scrolls" that Sphinx built-in. Thanks to Leonardo J. Caballero G.
* #1118: Updated Spanish translation. Thanks to Leonardo J. Caballero G.
* #1117: Handle .pyx files in sphinx-apidoc.
* #1112: Avoid duplicate download files when referenced from documents in
different ways (absolute/relative).
* #1111: Fix failure to find uppercase words in search when
:confval:`html_search_language` is 'ja'. Thanks to Tomo Saito.
* #1108: The text writer now correctly numbers enumerated lists with
non-default start values (based on patch by Ewan Edwards).
* #1102: Support multi-context "with" statements in autodoc.
* #1090: Fix gettext not extracting glossary terms.
* #1074: Add environment version info to the generated search index to avoid
compatibility issues with old builds.
* #1070: Avoid un-pickling issues when running Python 3 and the saved
environment was created under Python 2.
* #1069: Fixed error caused when autodoc would try to format signatures of
"partial" functions without keyword arguments (patch by Artur Gaspar).
* #1062: sphinx.ext.autodoc use __init__ method signature for class signature.
* #1055: Fix web support with relative path to source directory.
* #1043: Fix sphinx-quickstart asking again for yes/no questions because
``input()`` returns values with an extra '\r' on Python 3.2.0 +
Windows. Thanks to RÃ©gis DÃ©camps.
* #1041: Fix failure of the cpp domain parser to parse a const type with a
* #1038: Fix failure of the cpp domain parser to parse C+11 "static constexpr"
declarations. Thanks to Jakub Wilk.
* #1029: Fix intersphinx_mapping values not being stable if the mapping has
plural key/value set with Python 3.3.
* #1028: Fix line block output in the text builder.
* #1024: Improve Makefile/make.bat error message if Sphinx is not found. Thanks
to Anatoly Techtonik.
* #1018: Fix "container" directive handling in the text builder.
* #1010: Make pngmath images transparent by default; IE7+ should handle it.
* #1008: Fix test failures with Python 3.3.
* #995: Fix table-of-contents and page numbering for the LaTeX "howto" class.
* #976: Fix gettext does not extract index entries.
* PR#72: #975: Fix gettext not extracting definition terms before docutils
* #961: Fix LaTeX output for triple quotes in code snippets.
* #958: Do not preserve ``environment.pickle`` after a failed build.
* #955: Fix i18n transformation.
* #940: Fix gettext does not extract figure caption.
* #920: Fix PIL packaging issue that allowed to import ``Image`` without PIL
namespace. Thanks to Marc Schlaich.
* #723: Fix the search function on local files in WebKit based browsers.
* #440: Fix coarse timestamp resolution in some filesystem generating a wrong
list of outdated files.
To generate a diff of this commit:
cvs rdiff -u -r1.20 -r1.21 pkgsrc/textproc/py-sphinx/Makefile
cvs rdiff -u -r1.7 -r1.8 pkgsrc/textproc/py-sphinx/PLIST
cvs rdiff -u -r1.10 -r1.11 pkgsrc/textproc/py-sphinx/distinfo
Please note that diffs are not public domain; they are subject to the
copyright notices on the relevant files.
Main Index |
Thread Index |