Subject: security/9672: racoon(8) documentation needs serious help
To: None <email@example.com>
From: None <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: 03/24/2000 06:18:05
>Synopsis: racoon(8) documentation needs serious help
>Responsible: security-officer (NetBSD Security Officer)
>Arrival-Date: Fri Mar 24 06:18:00 2000
>Originator: Charles M. Hannum
>Release: -current as of 20000321
I have been unable to figure out how to configure racoon(8) from
the documentation provided. In particular:
* The differences between the identifier types (fqdn, user_fqdn)
and what they mean to the remote system is not documented.
* The location of the certificate file is not documented.
* The format of the pre-shared-key file is not well defined. (An
example would help.)
* It is unclear whether I need a `remote' stanza, a `policy'
stanza, or both. I get the *impression* that `remote'
corresponds to SAD entries, and `policy' corresponds to SPD
* The documentation is all in Japanglish.
This is making it difficult to configure racoon(8), and thus
difficult to use IPsec.
Try to configure racoon(8).