NetBSD-Announce archive

End of life for NetBSD 4.x on November 17th.

With the release of NetBSD 6.0, we bid a fond farewell to older releases, the
NetBSD 4.x series. While we have many plans for active support of the most
recent (6.x) and next most recent (5.x) release branches, 4.x is coming to the
end of its supported life. As of November 17, one month after the 6.0 release,
the following branches will no longer be maintained:

  * netbsd-4-0
  * netbsd-4

This means:

  * There will be no more pullups to the branches (even for security issues)
  * There will be no security advisoriesany of the 4.x releases
  * The existing 4.x releases on ftp.NetBSD.org will be moved into /pub/
    NetBSD-archive/

We are giving these remaining few weeks of support to give people time to
migrate their machines to the newer release. We may choose to issue security
advisories and/or release patches if a security issue should arise before
November 17.

Here's hoping NetBSD 6 serves you as well as, or preferably better than, NetBSD
4 did!