NetBSD-Announce archive

End of life for 3.x

In keeping with NetBSD's policy of supporting only the current (5.x) and
next most recent (4.x) release branches, the release of 5.0 marks the end
of life for the 3.x branches.  We have provided an extra month of support
for 3.x in order to give people time to migrate their machines to a newer
release, and this one month period will be part of our support policy in
the future.

The following branches will no longer be maintained:
netbsd-3-0
netbsd-3-1
netbsd-3

This means:
- There will be no more pullups to the branches (even for security issues)
- There will be no security advisories made for any of the 3.x releases
- The existing 3.x releases on ftp.NetBSD.org will be moved into
  /pub/NetBSD-archive/

Soren