NetBSD-Announce archive

NetBSD 5.0_RC2 binaries available for download

On behalf of the NetBSD Release Engineering team, I am proud to announce
that the second release candidate of NetBSD 5.0 is now available for
download.

Since RC1, 103 tickets were pulled up.  Interested readers can find the
details of these tickets in src/doc/CHANGES-5.0.  RC2 represents a great
deal of progress over RC1, but with that amount of change, increased
time for testing is required.  To put it bluntly, there will definitely
be a third release candidate.  We are aware of a number of
release-blocking issues, but it is important that we get a jump on
testing the many changes made since RC1.

Binaries of RC2 can be downloaded from

ftp://ftp.NetBSD.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/netbsd-5-0-RC2/

Of course, those already tracking the netbsd-5 branch by source should
continue to to so, and the netbsd-5-0-RC2 tag is available if you prefer
to check out the RC2 sources specifically.

I'd like to thank all those who have helped so far in testing and
providing feedback.  Please keep up the good work, it is very much
appreciated!

Enjoy,
Soren