Subject: news.gw.com going offline
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Kimmo Suominen <kim@tac.nyc.ny.us>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 12/29/2004 13:25:10
I'm sad to announce that after 10 years of NNTP access to mailing lists,
I'm going to shutdown the service.  I just can't justify dedicating more
resources to the service, given that there are public services at a much
grander scale that do everything, but just much better.

Personally I think I'll be doing casual browsing of mailing lists via
gmane.org.  I recommend taking a look at it.  They offer two different
HTTP interfaces as well as NNTP (including posting, if I understand
correctly).

I'm planning to take news.gw.com offline at the end of December 31st.

Regards,

Kimmo Suominen
Global Wire Oy