Subject: Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in May 2003
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 06/03/2003 22:18:59
[For a full list of the changes, please refer to the mail on the
current-users mailing list - agc]

Summary of Changes to the NetBSD Packages Collection in May 2003

By my calculations, at the end of May 2003, there were 3762 packages
in the NetBSD Packages Collection, up from 3708 the previous month, a
rise of 54.

Notable additions include:  adobeps-win, apr, BitTorrent,
Canna-server, celestia, celestia-gnome, celestia-kde, cmake,
crimsonfields, diffstat, dovecot, dvd+rw-tools, elf, elfsh, gnus,
gnutls, golem, gtkglarea2, icdprog, ja-dvi2tty, kmymoney2, kochi-otf,
libtasn1, lpe, mbmon, mozilla-bin-nightly, oo2c, opencdk, overnet,
p5-HTTP-DAV, p5-MARC, p5-Net-Z3950, p5-Set-Scalar, p5-Time-Period,
phoenix-bin-acroread3, phoenix-bin-acroread5, ProjectCenter, puf,
py-gtk2, py-ORBit, pyslsk, rtptools, scli, SDLmm, sigrot, sirius,
ssh2-nox11, static-ast-ksh, subversion-base, subversion-python,
swig-build, swig-python, utftools, xmbmon, yabasic, and yaz.

Notable updates include:  acroread5, aewm++, amaya, anjuta, ap-xslt,
ap2-subversion, apache2, apr, arts, ast-ksh, audit-packages, automake,
bbkeys, bbpager, bitchx, blackbox, blender, boehm-gc, boolean,
bsetroot, bug-buddy, cadaver, Canna-dict, Canna-lib, Canna-server-bin,
centericq, cfengine2, cfengine2-doc, cgoban-java, chicken, conserver,
cpuflags, cssc, cue, cups, curl, cvsync, cyrus-imapd, cyrus-sasl,
denemo, dia, dillo, distcc, docbook-xsl, doxygen, driftnet,
dvd+rw-tools, easytag, ee, eggdrop, ekg, elib, enlightenment,
enscript, etach, etcupdate, eterm, ethereal, euler, evolution, exmh,
fam, fbdesk, file-roller, flow-tools, fluxbox, fnlib, gaim, gale,
galeon, gauche, gcc, gcc3, gedit, ghostscript-esp,
ghostscript-esp-nox11, gimp, gimp-base, giram, glade2, gmc, gmplayer,
gnet, gnome-chess, gnome-dirs, gnome-games, gnome-libs, gnome-media,
gnome-mime-data, gnome-pilot, gnome-pim, gnome-utils, gnome1-dirs,
gnome2-dirs, gnome2-games, gnucash, gnumeric, gnumeric0, gnupg,
gnustep-preferences, golem, gpc, gperiodic, graphopt, groff,
gtetrinet, gtkstep, gzip, gzip-base, hdf5, hugs98, icewm, icewm-gnome,
inn, ipa, irrd, ja-samba, kde3, kde3-i18n-af, kde3-i18n-ar,
kde3-i18n-bg, kde3-i18n-bs, kde3-i18n-ca, kde3-i18n-cs, kde3-i18n-da,
kde3-i18n-de, kde3-i18n-el, kde3-i18n-en_GB, kde3-i18n-eo,
kde3-i18n-es, kde3-i18n-et, kde3-i18n-eu, kde3-i18n-fa, kde3-i18n-fi,
kde3-i18n-fr, kde3-i18n-he, kde3-i18n-hu, kde3-i18n-it, kde3-i18n-ja,
kde3-i18n-lt, kde3-i18n-mt, kde3-i18n-nb, kde3-i18n-nl, kde3-i18n-nn,
kde3-i18n-nso, kde3-i18n-pl, kde3-i18n-pt, kde3-i18n-pt_BR,
kde3-i18n-ro, kde3-i18n-ru, kde3-i18n-sk, kde3-i18n-sl, kde3-i18n-sr,
kde3-i18n-sv, kde3-i18n-ta, kde3-i18n-th, kde3-i18n-tr, kde3-i18n-uk,
kde3-i18n-ven, kde3-i18n-vi, kde3-i18n-xh, kde3-i18n-zh_CN,
kde3-i18n-zh_TW, kde3-i18n-zu, kdeaddons3, kdeadmin3, kdeartwork3,
kdebase3, kdeedu3, kdegames3, kdegraphics, kdegraphics3, kdelibdocs3,
kdelibs3, kdemultimedia3, kdenetwork3, kdepim3, kdesdk3, kdetoys3,
kdeutils3, (phew, thanks, Mark!) kochi-cidfonts, larswm, ldapsdk,
leafnode, lib3ds, libdnet, libgcrypt, libgnome, libgnomedb,
libsndfile, libwnck, libxml2, libxslt, links, links-gui, lmule,
logcheck, lv, lyx-qt, lyx-xforms, lzop, mailserv, mailwrapper, mc,
mencoder, mercury, mergeant, Mesa, mini_sendmail, mldonkey, mono,
moz-flash, moz-mplayer, mozilla, mozilla-stable, mplayer,
mplayer-share, mrproject, mtools, mtr, mtr-gtk, multitail, namazu2,
nautilus, neon, netsaint-base, newscache, nsca, nxtvepg, ogmtools,
oo2c, openc++, opencm, openslp, opera7, ORBit2, oregano,
p5-Config-General, p5-Date-Manip, p5-DBI, p5-IO-Socket-SSL,
p5-MIME-Base64, p5-SDL, p5-Time-HiRes, p5-XML-DOM, p5-XML-Simple,
p5-XML-XQL, pan, perl5, perl58, pgpdump, phoenix, phoenix-bin,
phoenix-bin-acroread, phoenix-bin-acroread3, phoenix-bin-acroread5,
phoenix-bin-flash, phoenix-bin-java, phoenix-bin-realplayer, pkgchk,
pkgdiff, pkglint, portsentry, postfix, pstoedit, pstree, pth, puzzle,
py-wxWindows, quanta3, radiusd-cistron, realplayer-codecs, rlab,
roundup, sablecc, sablotron, sather, scli, scummvm, sdcc, SDL_mixer,
seahorse, sendfile, sendmail, sendmail811, simh, sirius, skkinput,
snortsnarf, socks4, spamassassin, squid, stalin, STk, subversion,
sudo, sun-jdk13, sun-jre13, suse_base, suse_devel, suse_freetype2,
suse_libpng, swfdec, sylpheed, texi2html, tinyproxy, tripwire, unrar,
vm, vmware3, vsftpd, w3m, wdm, wistumbler, wmakerconf, wmthemes, wmx,
wmx-gnome, wol, wxGTK, xdialog, xdvipresent, xemacs-current,
xlockmore, xmame, xmess, xscreensaver, xscreensaver-gnome, zenicb,
zope25-ExternalEditor, and zope25-ZWiki.

For those of you with newer PC motherboards, you can now play an
interesting game called "How hot is that application?".  Simply run
xmbmon (pkgsrc/sysutils/xmbmon), and observe the temperature as the
package is compiled.  I know that Perl gets 2 degrees on my old 1GHz
PIII. I apportion that as 1 degree dynamic, 1 degree static.

The Package of The Month award is a joint one this month:

(a) to mozilla and mplayer, nominated by myself, for letting me listen
to internet radio stations of my choice from NetBSD.  My family thank
the people who made this all possible.  I am beginning to suspect that
my family do not appreciate the same type of music as me.  Where did I
go wrong?

(b) x2x, (pkgsrc/x11/x2x), nominated by Aaron J. Grier, who writes:
"being able to warp input devices (mouse and keyboard) between
two different machines on two different architectures (sparc and
alpha) both running non-xfree86 X servers is just too cool.  my
fiance makes fun of me for keeping old monitors around, but now I
can put them to use.  who needs virtual desktops when you can have
multiple real ones?  :)"

and, finally,

(c) dovecot (pkgsrc/mail/dovecot), nominated by Erik Berls, who says:
"it's an IMAP server that fully supports virtual mailboxes that
don't require real accounts on the machine.  It supports both
mailbox and Maildir formats of storage, and integrates well
with postfix..  ie: it just solved a very real problem for me.."

Alistair Crooks
Tue Jun  3 20:17:01 BST 2003