Subject: pkgsrc-wip -- getting involved in pkgsrc
To: None <netbsd-announce@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Klausner <wiz@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 04/13/2003 22:08:09
Hi!

In an effort to get more people actively involved in pkgsrc, I
created a sourceforge project called "pkgsrc-wip".

Its homepage is at
	http://pkgsrc-wip.sourceforge.net/

Everyone creating new packages is invited to get an account (see
http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=11123&group_id=1 )
and mail me details to get commit rights.

Testers are welcome too -- you don't need to get an account to test
new packages, you should be comfortable using CVS and installing
packages from source, though.

For discussion about pkgsrc-wip, please use the pkgsrc-wip-discuss
at lists.sourceforge.net mailing list.  Requests for reviews (and
testers) will be posted to pkgsrc-wip-review, and there's also a
pkgsrc-wip-cvs mailing list much like pkgsrc-changes.

Completed and tested packages will of course be imported in NetBSD's
pkgsrc. Actually, some of the latest imports already came from
pkgsrc-wip.

Feel free to ask me if you have any questions or want an account.

Cheers,
 Thomas