Subject: Salt Lake City BSD Users Group
To: None <announce@openbsd.org, netbsd-announce@netbsd.org,>
From: Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 01/10/2001 00:24:13
I am happy to announce the formation of a BSD Users Group in northern Utah.
We will meet in conjunction with the Salt Lake Linux Users Group, SLLUG,
to converse on topics of mutual interest.

Our next meeting will be Wednesday, January 17, 2001, at the Engineering
Mines Classroom Building on the University of Utah campus.  The topic for
the general meeting is Virtual Private Networks, particularly approprite
for BSD systems.

This months announcements will cover:

o DaemonNews print edition announcement
o OpenBSD 2.8 release
o FreeBSD 4.2 release
o BSD/OS 4.2 release
o NetBSD 1.5 release
o MacOS X Public Beta release
o FreeBSD ports system passes 4,500 mark

Kevin Rose from BSDi will be on hand giving away FreeBSD 4.1 CD-ROM sets.
Joe Warner may have some DaemonNews print copies on hand as well.  We will
try to have a few great BSD giveaways at every meeting.

More information can be found on the SLLUG-BUG web page:

	http://www.bsdconspiracy.net/sllug-bug/

Follow the link to the next meeting page for directions and a map to EMCB
at the UofU.