Subject: More NetBSD at USENIX info
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 06/10/1998 16:17:05
Hi folks...

I just wanted to put together a list of things that might be of special
interest to the NetBSD users and developers who will be attending USENIX
in New Orleans next week.

PLEASE NOTE that my Wed. 2.00pm presentation "The NetBSD Operating System"
is taking the place of a BoF.  It was felt that since we have this nice long
session during the day, a BoF (which competes for time with `seeing New
Orleans') would be less productive than it could be.  So, please make sure
to come to this session, hear about what's going on, and have your questions
ready!  I'll be doing a question/answer session after my slides.

ALSO!!  Please remember to stop by the NetBSD booth in the vendor display
area!  We'll have 1.3.2 CDs available for purchase, and it'll be a good
spot to meet other NetBSD users and developers.

Of Core, both Charles Hannum and I will be there.  While I am not going to
be attending tutorial sessions, I will be arriving in New Orleans at approx.
7.00pm Monday, and should be visible wandering around the hotel Monday night
and Tuesday.  If you see me, make sure to say hello!  I always enjoy meeting
NetBSD folks.  I'm pretty easy to spot (being 6'4'' tall, with long, curly
hair pulled back, and oval glasses), and so you know who to look for, a
picture can be found at:

	http://www.netbsd.org/People/Pages/thorpej.html

Looking forward to seeing lots of NetBSD'ers at the conference!

Wednesday, June 17th:

	FREENIX Track
	-------------

	11.00am - 12.30pm

	Maintaining Common Drivers
	Matt Thomas, Internet Locksmith

	A Machine-Independent DMA Framework for NetBSD
	Jason R. Thorpe, NASA Ames Research Center

	2.00pm - 3.30pm

	The NetBSD Operating System
	Jason R. Thorpe, The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.

	4.00pm - 5.30pm

	Arla: Freely Available AFS Client
	Johan Danielsson, Royal Institute of Technology
	Assar Westerlund, Swedish Institute of Computer Science

Thurdsay, June 18th:

	FREENIX Track
	-------------

	11.00am - 12.30pm

	Design and Implementation of a SCSI Subsystem
	Justin T. Gibbs, Pluto Technologies International, Inc.

	ISC DHCP Distribution
	Ted Lemon, Internet Software Consortium

	7.30pm - 9.00pm

	FREENIX BoF - Licensing
	Jon "maddog" Hall, Linux International

	Invited Talks

	11.00am - 12.30pm

	Software Development Models: The Cathedral and The Bazaar
	Marshall Kirk McKusick, Author and Consultant
	Eric S. Raymond

Jason R. Thorpe                                         thorpej@NetBSD.ORG
NetBSD Core Group                                    Home: +1 408 866 1912
NetBSD/hp300 port-meister                            Work: +1 650 604 0935