Subject: Out now - Binary Packages at your Fingertips
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 06/06/1998 04:22:41
The Package Crew of the NetBSD Project is proud to offer you an
enhanced interface to our repository of precompiled binary packages
available via anonymous FTP from /pub/NetBSD/packages at
ftp.netbsd.org.

The enhanced user interface is implemented as a set of HTML pages that
are placed on the same machine, and offer navigation through the
package collection's categories and packages themselfes. Furthermore,
available precompiled binaries can be easily downloaded to your local
machine now by simply clicking on the resired package/version you
desire.

To access the NetBSD packages collection, point your web-browser to
(please note the ftp://-URL):

   ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/README.html

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me!

 - Hubert Feyrer <hubertf@netbsd.org>