Subject: NetBSD 1.1 Release has been delayed until Friday Nov. 24th
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: J.T. Conklin <jtc@cygnus.com>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 11/16/1995 09:47:36
This message is to inform NetBSD users that the NetBSD 1.1 release has
been delayed from November 17th to November 24th.

There are several reasons for the delay:

	* Aggressive 8 week release cycle.

	* loss of critical machines (sun-lamp, {ftp,sup}.netbsd.org)
	  during release cycle.

	* sup and cvs bugs which prevented source tree updates.

Late last month I thought that we would be able to overcome these
obstacles and get the release out on schedule.  But discussions among
NetBSD port-masters convinced me that the 1.1 release would be better
quality if I delayed the release one week.

Although the decision to delay the release was made a over a week ago
and it was my responsibility to inform NetBSD users of the delay, I
was unable to make the announcement until today due to some personal
miscalculations.  I apologize to all NetBSD users who had made plans
based on the original release date.

I also accept full responsibility for the delay in this release.
Hopefully I and all of the hard working people who make releases
happen have learned something from the process, so that the Spring
NetBSD 1.2 release will go out on schedule.

	--jtc

--
J.T. Conklin
The NetBSD Project