Subject: XForms V0.75 is available for NetBSD/i386
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: T.C. Zhao <zhao@bloch.phys.uwm.edu>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 07/27/1995 11:22:22
What is XForms
--------------
XForms is a graphical user interface toolkit and builder based on Xlib
for X Window Systems. XForms is a portable and efficient C library
that can be used in both C and C++ programs. The library works in
all visuals and all depths (1-24) and comes with a rich set of
objects such as buttons (of many flavors, including color XPMs as labels) ,
browsers, sliders, and menus integrated into an elegant event/object
callback execution model that allows fast and easy construction of
X-applications. It also has OpenGL (on SGI) and Mesa support.

The Forms Library is very intuitive and simple to use. It is by
far the easiest-to-learn and easiest-to-use system for X GUI
development. You can start writing XForms based programs within an
hour once you go though the first five pages of the documentation
and have run and read a couple of the demos. Actually, you don't
have to write any code, the bundled GUI builder will do it for you.

XForms comes bundled with
- Precompiled library and header files for the following platforms:
- Source code for 50+ demonstration programs;
- Precompiled fdesign, an advanced interactive GUI builder that can
  be used to design dialogues in a WYSIWYG way and to output the
  corresponding C code for you.
- ~200 pages of documentation (tutorial and reference);

In additional to NetBSD/i386, XForms is also available for
   HP/HP-UX
   SGI
   SUN (SunOS and Solaris)
   IBM/RS6000