Subject: lint(1) available on NetBSD-current
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jochen Pohl <pohlj@arktur.zfe.siemens.de>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 07/06/1995 00:07:07
I'm pleased to announce that lint(1) is now a part of NetBSD-current.

  Lint(1) attempts to detect features of the named C program files
  that are lekely to be bugs, to be non-protable, or to be wasteful.
  It also performs stricter type checking then does the C compiler.

I hope lint(1) will prove to be useful for software development under NetBSD.
The current version of lint(1) conforms to ANSI C and is able to detect
almost all problems found by traditional lint implementations under UNIX.

Jochen Pohl

Jochen Pohl				Email:	  jpo.drs@sni.de
SNI AG Germany, EFG E2				  pohlj@efg.zfe.siemens.de
Scharfenberger Str. 66			Phone:    +49-351-844 2261
D-01133 Dresden				Fax:      +49-351-844 2011
0