Subject: Package collection growing on ftp.NetBSD.ORG
To: None <netbsd-announce@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John Kohl <jtk@NetBSD.ORG>
List: netbsd-announce
Date: 02/10/1995 22:40:51
I suppose I should officially announce this...

I'm maintaining a tree of precompiled binary packages (and in some
cases, sources) for NetBSD 1.0.

You can find them beneath ftp://ftp.NetBSD.ORG/pub/NetBSD/packages/

	tools		source & binaries for packaging tools, MD5 sum program
	src		pointers to sources that build (if unmodified), or
				patches & pointer to base distribution, or
				full source trees ready to compile
	binaries/NetBSD-1.0
			binary packages for various architectures
			(separated into directories)

If you have something compiled that you'd like to contribute, package it
up and drop it in ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/incoming .  There are some
rudimentary hints on building packages in
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org.pub/NetBSD/packages/README.contributions

==John Kohl