NetBSD-Advocacy archive

pkgsrcCon 2017 London, registration open

Hello,
Registration for pkgsrcCon, London is now open[1]. A pre-event social
will be held at the end of the month (details will be post on the
website[2]). Saturday the 1st of July we will hold a day of talks at The
BCS followed by another social event and on Sunday the 2nd of July we'll
have a hack day at the London Hack Space.
The events are open to all, there are no tickets on sale. However
registration is required for The BCS on Saturday.

Registration website closes on the 29th of June.

You are likely to hear the following talks to on Saturday and others
(waiting for replies).

In no particular order:
Giovanni Bechis - Pledge in OpenBSD
Pierre Pronchery - pkg-query
Thomas Merkel - Testing your pkgsrc development on multiple platforms
with vagrant and virtualbox
Sevan Janiyan - A mix of two halves
Bennie Siegert - Bulk builds in the cloud
Alistair Crooks - pkgsrc - foundations & abstractions, building from
source on 23 platforms
Alistair Crooks - Running a third of the internet on BSD
David Spencer - Slackbuilds
Charles Forsyth - Something regarding portability (details TBA)

If you would like to give a talk on Saturday, we still have slots open.
Let me know

Sevan
[1] https://events.bcs.org/book/2610/
[2] http://pkgsrc.org/pkgsrcCon/2017/