NetBSD-Advocacy archive

SCALE 8x

For the sixth year in a row, we ran a NetBSD booth at the
Southern California Linux Expo.  Fellow developer John Klos, John
Hickey, and I[*] answered questions ranging from, "Can I run
aolserver on NetBSD?" to "How come NetBSD 5.0.2-i386 crashes when I
try to install it under VirtualBox?" to "Should we sign each other's
developer keys?"  (Okay, that last was from John Klos, but still...)
We had a great time, got to compare notes on retrocomputing, and
hopefully convinced a few folks that NetBSD is the way to go!

I wouldn
Kevin
kml%patheticgeek.net@localhost

[*] We're all local folks.  I drove the farthest, around 50 miles
each way.  I point this out, as some folks expressed frustration
last year that NetBSD had a booth at SCALE but not at other *BSD
events.  It's all about location, location, location.