NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: I unsubscribe.

On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 3:02 PM, E.J. Novikovas<clm%tdd.lt@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 16:15:38 -0500
> Patrick Pippen <dabittweiler%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Who gives a crap about your religious bullshit. I am a atheist and
>> your a damn fool.
>>
>> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 10:52 AM, E.J. Novikovas<clm%tdd.lt@localhost> wrote:
>> >        Hello, my name is Eugenijus-Jonas, or Eugene-John in English. I am a
>> > catholic. I live in Lithuania.
>> >        When I heard about changed NetBSD logo I exulted - they go to the
>> > right
>> > way, but I disappointed soon, because it was changed by political or
>> > ethical
>> > reasons. As a result - beastie still alive in docs page, you support
>> > obtaining
>> > of previous devotionalia by providing information where it can be
>> > purchased and
>> > so on.
>
>        I had hope, that you want to be with God, to be with love and want to
> grow, but you do not. So, what will I do as a man and as a user? I will leave
> you and will forget about you as do most of users around the world.
>        How should I can help you in the end? I can propose you the new meaning
> of NetBSD: "Net Base Standard Daemons". You can use it without copyright and
> any
> restrictions free of charge. You can even tattoo it on your favorite place of
> the body.
>        What would I can wish you? Go to Hell. For most of you it should
> sound as "Good Luck".
>
> Do not worry about it, there is just words, they (may) have no power, they are
> only letters. Is it true?

Dude, seriously...

What did you expect when engaging in a NetBSD email list? That it
would be easy as pie to convert everyone over to your idea of reality?

People try that all the time and fail, just go back through the archives.

Although this is the first time it's been attempted with religion that
I can remember.

This project is all about finding common ground among people with
disparate wants, needs, styles and cultures. I have no idea where
religion fits into an open source operating system. It probably
doesn't.

With an attitude like yours, you really should put some thought into
doing less computing and devoting more time to the church. It would be
far less disappointing, I'm sure. You'd find people more people that
agree with your sensibilities.

I'll mostly sidestep the remark about going to hell. That's not part
of the reality that I live in so there's no need to abuse you over it.
You probably should bring it up at confession though :)

Andy