NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: BSDstats: May Statistics - 23 998 Hosts Reported In

On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Marc G. Fournier <scrappy%hub.org@localhost>
wrote:

> As of June 5th, 2008, the project is seeing 23 998 hosts reporting in, with a
> break down as follows:
>
>           PC-BSD           14 715 hosts
>           FreeBSD           6 331 hosts
>           DesktopBSD        2 662 hosts
>           NetBSD              108 hosts
>           MirBSD               68 hosts
>           OpenBSD              59 hosts
>           DragonFly            27 hosts
>           MidnightBSD          22 hosts
>           GNU/kFreeBSD          6 hosts

I run a couple of servers in KE and I always do check to see if the
number grows. Since I run most of those that report the stats, it's
something that I am always curious about, since I don't know who the
other participants (6 more now) are:-)
Anyway, I am surprised at how fast PC-BSD is picking up.
I know that during installation, it prompts the installer to enable
the submission of stats. Could this explain why there are more PC-BSD
that there are FreeBSD?
For FreeBSD, the owner must know about the stats and configure them to
be submitted.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,