NetBSD-Advocacy archive

Re: BSDstats: February Statistics - 18 494 Hosts Reported In

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 08:31:34PM +0200, Lubomir Sedlacik wrote:
> On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 08:51:05AM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> > On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 11:43:11PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > > For FreeBSD users, you just need to install
> > > /usr/ports/sysutils/bsdstats to set things up.
> >
> > this apparently never made it into pkgsrc?
>
> Perhaps because these "statistics" are completely pointless?

I was attempting to point out that if the bsdstats person(s) want more
reporting from NetBSD, they should make the program more accessible by
adding it in pkgsrc.  I was not trying to imply that you or any other
pkgsrc maintainers should put it there.

what are the requirements for getting a program into pkgsrc, anyway?

--
  Aaron J. Grier | "Not your ordinary poofy goof." |
agrier%poofygoof.com@localhost