Subject: Laptop recommendation?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/16/2007 15:01:41
I'd like to get a "killer" laptop for NetBSD use to replace my current Windows XP laptop.

I'd like this laptop to run x86-64 version of NetBSD, and to have "lots" of pixels to make for great OS development, application development, and DVD-watching/ripping.  Big memory and big HD are of course a plus.

I've had some success with the IBM/Lenovo laptops, and I do like the "stick" pointer, but that's not a big issue; I've used newer Toshiba laptops, and they seem OK, too (especially their light-touch keyboards).

Although I'd not like to blow the family budget on one machine, I'd rather pay a little more to get a great machine that increases my productivity.

Do you have any suggestions for what I should buy?

Thanks!

-Mike