Subject: Re: Alright to Show NetBSD Screenshots on My Site?
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Art Lemasters <develunix@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/08/2007 21:44:23
Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <4733C2FD.4070209@gmail.com>,
> Art Lemasters  <develunix@gmail.com> wrote:
>>   I would like to display a screenshot of a NetBSD X Windows
>> display on my web site and discuss things about NetBSD (including
>> some praise for developer efforts). The intent is non-commercial
>> at this time. Is that alright, or does the Foundation prohibit
>> that?
>>
>>   And for further reference (and unrelated to the question above
>> for now), what are the civil legalities and policy regarding
>> advertising and using NetBSD for developing and selling enhancing
>> software with the system?
>
> Please go ahead! We don't prohibit any such form of endorsement
> as long is it clear that this is a user initiated activity which
> is not related to an official NetBSD announcement.
>
> christos

   Thank you very much for the reply, Christos!

   The comments and screenshot will be about running Xen with a
Microsoft Windows XP hvm guest (on a RAIDFrame set)! A link will
be posted after its up on the free web space.

   Manuel Bouyer has been doing great work with Xen (as others
probably have...apologies for any lack of mention due to not
having read all of the posts).

   I can't help with devices, yet, as I'm trying to get more
proficient with C++ application practices before doing
advanced C study.

Yours,

Art