Subject: looking for help for Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) Feb 8,
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/09/2007 13:51:25
The Southern California Linux Expo is coming up February 8, 9, and 10
in Los Angeles.  This is a growing event that is chock-full of all
sorts of interesting (Linux and non-Linux) open-source stuff, with
thousands of attendees.

We've had a booth there for the last three years (as has FreeBSD); this
year, it is looking like OpenBSD will be there as well.   Especially
in light of that, I'd really like for us to continue to have a presence
there, but I'm not willing to do it all myself -- last year, I spent
most of a day trying to run the booth solo, which isn't much fun.

It'd be great if we could get some more people to commit to staff the
NetBSD booth this year.  I would be happy to put up one or two people
at my house in suburban LA if that'd help out.  It's a great event (ask
Sam Leffler, who staffed the FreeBSD booth last year), and if we have a
few people helping out, it'll be a whole lot of fun.

If we can't get at least one or two people (besides me) to step up and
commit to being there, we won't be able to have a booth.

Thanks,

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net

[BTW, I still have the NetBSD banner and fliers and T-shirts from last
year, if there are folks who are going to be manning booths elsewhere.]